Counselling Therapy Services
Butterfly Counselling Services have many years of experience providing counselling therapy for children, adolescents, young people, parents, families and adults.
Our therapists have worked extensively with local authorities, counselling and supporting looked-after children and adopted children and families. Our therapists have a full understanding of multi-agencies and have worked closely with them. We also take referrals from adult social care.
Each family is unique and because of this we integrate various therapeutic models including person-centred therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), EMDR, play therapy, attachment work, creative work, dyadic developmental psychotherapy & parenting (DDP), non-violence resistance (NVR), transactional analysis, gestalt therapy.
We also have an understanding around attachment theory, neuro-developmental functioning, developmental stages and family systems.
Services We Offer
- 1:1 counselling therapy/play therapy to children and adolescents
- Dyadic counselling therapy – Parent/Carer and child sessions
- Parenting sessions to help parents explore their thoughts and feelings
- Parent sessions to support parents in supporting the emotional well-being of their children
- Staff counselling to provide consultation to staff supporting young people
Sessions can be face-to-face or via zoom.
We also provide specialist counselling for people with Autism Spectrum Condition and other neurodevelopmental differences