Many young girls want to fit in, be liked and approved of by their friends/peers. They may live their lives feeling very safe and comfortable as they live by their friends/peers’ rules and expectations. If one day, they decide that they would like to do something different to their friends/peers, this may be met with disapproval. Feelings of anxiety, social anxiety, low confidence, and low self-esteem may arise in the young person which may then lead to behaviours of avoidance. Sometimes feelings are very uncomfortable, and we learn patterns of behaviours to avoid the uncomfortable feelings.
Are you a young girl who:
- Wants to please everyone.
- Wants to be liked by everyone.
- Wants to be the best at everything
- Needs approval
Below are tips to help increase your confidence:
- Do the things that make you happy, no matter how small
- Be with friends who care about you and make you laugh
- Say “no” to people
- Care less about other peoples’ unwanted opinions
- Feel the fear of doing something new and then feel the accomplishment of doing something you feared
- Be kind to yourself as you would be to your friends
If any of the above resonates with you, contact us: